Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

My takeaways from Richo interview:
* Luai didn’t sign a contract with us until last night, he informed the media he will do a press conference at 10am ish (before club sent announcement out)
* Richo son is best mates with Ciraldo and up until last night didn’t know if he was coming or heading to bulldogs.
* roster and staff changes to be announced over next 7 days.
* mentioned development spot free that needs to be filled
* subtle hint re Fainu and Galvin as 5/8ths mention both as superstars, interesting that Sullivan was an after thought
* Richo focus is governance and structure to simplify/manage over next 60 days get it going before season starts to take pressure off the footy side.
* did mention changes to happen on pathways, development side
* Richo isn’t comfortable with the balance of the roster next 12mths will be of focus to mould it into something for next 2-3 years, he did point out this year we need to win games.
* expect changes in our media area, he made specific mention on that.
* when asked about expectations for this year he didn’t set one, took total pressure off the coach/team on this one

Its really refreshing to hear a proper CEO lead us he just controls the media brilliantly and they listen/respect him.

It’s early days, people talk about players and coaches being the best signings a club makes to win more but Richo could very well be our best.
Good to hear our media area is being looked at. We've dropped off massively since Talintyre left.

There were rumours coming out of super league that Sezer's body was busted. I will be keen to see if he can stay on the field

Is he ready yet? Why rush him?
For mine, he will get experience during the year when Api misses games…which he most definitely will.
Until then, he has heaps to work on in Cup.

I agree with this. No need to rush him.

2023 - brooks, AD, Wakeham, smith
2024 - Sezer , Sullivan, fanu, Galvin, AD (maybe - subject recovery)
2025 - Luai, Sullivan, Galvin, fanu

We have roughly 4 halves each year, just new and improved on 2023, hardly too many halves (maybe just to much money tied up 🤷)
Sezer & Sullo as the starting halves in '24 with AD lucky if he plays 9 or 10 games. My guess is he will play in the centres. The 2 young guns will get a run at some stage (depending on injury & form). We will surprise a few teams & I am very excited about our 2024 prospects.

I can't see that '25 futures market on my TAB app
Get into enough trouble as it is without betting on a result almost 2 years away
Old. Man hated betting on footy used to say a horse race is all over in 60 secs 🤣
Maybe for his horses it is, mine seem to always take a little bit longer ,,,, 🥸

Latest posts

Back