OFFICIAL Alex Twal #206

Good news for today.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/11/21/wests-tigers-re-sign-alex-twal/

Wests Tigers are pleased to confirm that Alex Twal has signed a new playing contract to extend his future at the club.

Already contracted for the 2022 season, the new, two-year deal will take place from the start of the 2023 campaign and will see Twal remain in Wests Tigers colours until at least the end of the 2024 NRL season.

Having joined Wests Tigers from the Parramatta Eels midway through the 2017 season, Twal made his first-grade debut for the club later that year before also featuring as a standout on the international stage for Lebanon during the Rugby League World Cup.

One of the most consistent tacklers and forwards in the game, Twal has played a total of 89 games for Wests Tigers since his debut and said he was delighted to remain with the club.

“I’m really happy to be staying at Wests Tigers,” Twal said.

“Wests Tigers feels like part of my DNA now. I’ve been there for five years and know we’re building something very special with the people we have at the club.

“I’m really focused on making the club successful and doing whatever I can to be a part of that. I know what success will mean to the Wests Tigers fans and everyone within the club and I’ll put everything into what I do to help us achieve that success.”

“We’re all very pleased to see Alex re-sign with Wests Tigers,” Maguire said.

“Alex is a true professional in the way that he approaches his game, and I’ve been impressed in the way that he has grown as a leader within our squad.

“He has continued to work hard at all aspects of his game and I’m looking forward to seeing him continue to develop further in the years to come.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe congratulated Twal on his new deal.

“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to congratulate Alex on his contract extension and say how pleased we are to have secured him on a long-term deal,” Pascoe said.

“Alex is a fine young man who is incredibly well respected by his teammates and everyone at the club. In addition to his strong work ethic and on-field ability, Alex displays all the core values we want this club to be known by and is a fantastic example of what it means to be Wests Tigers to all of our proud Members and fans.”

Twal's contract extension is the second piece of recruitment recently brought to you by ELMO Software, with Wests Tigers also confirming the signing of representative forward Isaiah Papali'i earlier last week.

![71071C05-2CA5-4D9D-A95C-D1170F52029B.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1637467778138-71071c05-2ca5-4d9d-a95c-d1170f52029b.jpeg)
 
Big year for him.. hopefully goes up a notch..

A cornerstone every Club needs..

good news..
 
@gnr4life said in [Alex Twal](/post/1508707) said:
@tiger_one said in [Alex Twal](/post/1508706) said:
Always remember his clean long break about half way at Leichhardt.
Sadly still waiting for a repeat.

That was Cambo against Manly

Oh thanks champion gunner, my memory failed me again! haha
 
This is the second contract Twal has signed a year in advance before he’s had the chance to go on the open market. Clearly wants to be here.
 
@red88_tiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1503967) said:
@glenji95 said in [Alex Twal](/post/1503896) said:
I do like Twal I just wish he had more offloads in him but he’s a solid defender and tackler if more of our players tackled like him our defence would be much better

I wish he would pull off a bone rattling tackle

He stands back and waits for the attack to come to him, then cuddle them to the ground, it puts our defenders on the back foot ... I’ll be disappointed if he’s taking Luciano’s funds!
 
Twal is so important to our team.
Absolutely stoked with this one.

Twal & Stef... pretty perfect combo that one.
 
Whatta Sunday surprise 👌🏻 Looking forward to watching this bloke grow and continually improve his footy in the years to come in a Wests Tigers Jersey. I’m stoked for his extension, he will be a real asset for the younger blokes. Credit to the recruitment team.
 
![Screenshot_20211121-185305_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1637481730638-screenshot_20211121-185305_instagram.jpg)

Kind words.
 
@tonytiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1508782) said:
@red88_tiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1503967) said:
@glenji95 said in [Alex Twal](/post/1503896) said:
I do like Twal I just wish he had more offloads in him but he’s a solid defender and tackler if more of our players tackled like him our defence would be much better

I wish he would pull off a bone rattling tackle

He stands back and waits for the attack to come to him, then cuddle them to the ground, it puts our defenders on the back foot ... I’ll be disappointed if he’s taking Luciano’s funds!


At least he gives them a cuddle Lucy just watches them run past
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top