Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099089) said:
@wokesmoke said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099083) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099045) said:
Mitchell strikes me as a player who'll retire by 30.

He doesn't enjoy the hard work associated with playing at the highest level. Training seems to be a real drag. Pushing himself to be the best he can doesn't appeal as much as fishing or hanging with his mates. He plays because he can play well and make money doing so but i think he's mostly about getting the money to set himself up for his life of fishing to come in retirement.

Be stunned if he sees out his next contract.

I liased with mr Pascoe this morning. There’s some concerns on tigers end regarding latrell. Want those cleared up before re-tabling the offer. That’s what the meeting is about this week.

You are not suggesting professional from our club? You will spoil some of the narrative on this thread.

They are Just unsure of his true intentions, lots of miscommunication over the agent stuff. Should be cleared up this week

@wokesmoke said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099083) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099045) said:
Mitchell strikes me as a player who'll retire by 30.

He doesn't enjoy the hard work associated with playing at the highest level. Training seems to be a real drag. Pushing himself to be the best he can doesn't appeal as much as fishing or hanging with his mates. He plays because he can play well and make money doing so but i think he's mostly about getting the money to set himself up for his life of fishing to come in retirement.

Be stunned if he sees out his next contract.

I liased with mr Pascoe this morning. There’s some concerns on tigers end regarding latrell. Want those cleared up before re-tabling the offer. That’s what the meeting is about this week.

That would be Len Pascoe?

From what I can gather (and have had to read between several lines) theres 2 deals on Offer Should the meeting proceed well a 4 year deal worth a tick under 4mil and a 1+1 (Club option) deal for approx 2.2mil.

@WeHaveCheeKam said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099087) said:
@finnzo said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099040) said:
@WeHaveCheeKam said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099036) said:
@finnzo said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099034) said:
Especially Because he has a young family To look after aswell tigers are the only logical explanation

But he doesn’t care.

He wants to play in the best team he can with players that can make him look good. He wants to play finals, origin etc and he is willing to cop a year of lower pay. He is more than aware he will get the big bucks in future years.

If that were true he would have stayed at roosters?

Not really the case as it was the roosters who pulled the plug on him. He wanted money and a good club obviously, and was apparently in tears when they said no to him. All he wanted to do was explore the market to increase his value and it backfired.

In the situation he’s in , it’s big bucks For a weak club or play for a good club for significantly less (which will lead to big bucks in a year you’d think). And out of those two options He wants Souths.

The guy didn’t even turn up for meetings with us. Let’s not kid ourselves.

The guy did not turn up for a meeting organised by the manager he was trying to get rid of. If he turned up to that meeting and subsequently signed with the Tigers, he has to pay the guy the guy he is trying to get rid of a minimum $60k.

In a scenario where nothing makes sense, look for the path of least resistance. I’m surprised more can’t see what is going on

@Telltails said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099011) said:
The new manager will have to investigate all possible options for Latrell before anything is officiated and with a massive difference in offers it would not be unacceptable for him not meet with WTs.

Double negatives make me giddy in the head...🤪

@wokesmoke said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099094) said:
From what I can gather (and have had to read between several lines) theres 2 deals on Offer Should the meeting proceed well a 4 year deal worth a tick under 4mil and a 1+1 (Club option) deal for approx 2.2mil.

Gathered enough crap last time, back for more gunny?

A few people are running with similar terms being offered, I would suggest this is accurate.

If LM signs with us I’ll be paying for my first visit to the bunnies forum 😆

Have been speaking with my Roosters contact for a while about LM.

If LM does end up here and not at Souths we will have the Roosters to thank.
They will let LM come here. Straight release. No compensation nothing.
For LM that would mean the 150K or so he has already been paid by the Roosters plus the $850,000 we are apparently offering.

For Souths. They will be asking Souths to pay the almost 150K back to them. that is roughly what the Roosters have already paid LM.
This would count under Souths Cap from what i am told.

@Sausagesorcerer said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099103) said:
If LM signs with us I’ll be paying for my first visit to the bunnies forum 😆

I've popped in there before and I can tell you if he doesnt sign with Souths there will be unprecedented wailing and teeth gnashing. Be fun to watch.

All tiger fans should have a steady flood of “dam we thought we had him” messages

@Compass said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099106) said:
@Sausagesorcerer said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099103) said:
If LM signs with us I’ll be paying for my first visit to the bunnies forum ?

I've popped in there before and I can tell you if he doesnt sign with Souths there will be unprecedented wailing and teeth gnashing. Be fun to watch.

You have to have more than one stray tooth before you can grind them! That is non existent at Souths!

@Properossi said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099109) said:

You have to have more than one stray tooth before you can grind them! That is non existent at Souths!

These stereotypes don't help anyone.

I heard of a souffs fan with 2 and a half teeth.

@old_man_tiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099112) said:

I bet he was called Mr Lucky by the rest of the souffs supporters

@jadtiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099113) said:
@old_man_tiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099112) said:

I bet he was called Mr Lucky by the rest of the souffs supporters

So lucky they cut off his foot and gifted it to the Burghi

@Moh said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099101) said:
@wokesmoke said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099094) said:

Gathered enough crap last time, back for more gunny?

I’m sorry moh, I’m unsure what you mean by that comment but I hope you are having a nice Thursday.

That’s going to happen regardless. Just not sure which forum yet!

I bet if the teeth were positioned well he could whistle really loud!

@Tiger_Steve said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1099116) said:

That’s going to happen regardless. Just not sure which forum yet!

There's a difference....most of us have accepted he probably won't come here. They are certain they've got him! A much bigger fall.

I can only see this ending well for us iether getting latrel or picking up 1 of there players cheap as

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back